Thank you for taking the time to read about William Colenso College. We have the staff, facilities and programmes that will help students from around the world gain qualifications and access a range of learning opportunities. Our spacious and modern campus is located in Napier, New Zealand.
William Colenso is a modern and progressive school with a rich tradition of providing high quality academic, cultural and sporting opportunities. We offer internationally recognised qualifications including University Entrance. We are a signatory to ‘The Code of Practice for the Care of International Students’.
William Colenso provides a world class Outdoor Education programme. This was recognised by winning the award for ‘Best in Country’ 2007.
Our students and staff are well known for being friendly and positive. We have welcomed students from around the world for over 15 years and work hard to maintain this climate. Our well-resourced student support centre and International Student Support staff are always here to assist individuals realise their potential.
We welcome any inquiries you may have and look forward to hearing from you.
- Government, co-educational day school
- 500 students from Years 7 to 14 (11-19 years old)
- Only minutes from Napier City centre and the seaside
- Uses New Zealand’s internationally accepted NCEA as its main qualification programme
- A wide range of subject options
- International Students have found success here since the early 1990s
- International Students accepted from Years 11 to 14 level (15–19 years old)
- Accepts 30-40 International Students annually from many different countries.
- Offers both academic and welfare support
- Offers a wide range of sporting and cultural activities
- In 2007 gained award for best Outdoor Education programme in New Zealand