Why Hawke’s Bay
So you are thinking of studying overseas? Great! We’d love to have you at our school! Here are some points to consider…
About New Zealand
- 1st – Safest country in the world (Global Peace Index – 2013)
- 1st – Least corrupt country in the world (Transparency International Corruption Index – 2012)
- 2nd – Most peaceful country in the world (Global Peace Inmdex – 2013)
- 2nd – Best country to live in (U.N. Human Development Report – 2012)
- 2nd – Friendliest country in the world (World Economic Forum – 2013)
- 2nd – Top travel destination to visit in 2011 (C.N.N. – 2010)
- 6th – On human development index (U.N. Human Development Report – 2012)
- Home of ‘Lord of the Rings’, and many other internationally acclaimed films
- Well known for our un-crowded, clean, green environment
- “Adventure Capital of the World”
- Most importantly we are a friendly, welcoming people
About our Education System
- British based, internationally recognised, world class education system.
- Currently ALL eight New Zealand universities are ranked in the world’s ‘Top 500’.
- Our education system is consistently ranked among top 10 for achievement in literacy, mathematics and science – Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA).
- We have a wide range of quality educational institutions catering for all study needs
- Our education and living costs are internationally competitive
About Hawke’s Bay
- We have a Mediterranean-type climate – long, hot summers and mild winters
- We are New Zealand’s premier wine and food region
- We have a rural hinterland of vineyards, orchards and sheep farms serviced by the twin cities of Napier and Hastings.
- We love our mountain to surf landscapes
- Adventure activities abound
- You also have a choice of either city or country living
- Our Airport is only 5 minutes from the city centre and less than 1 hour’s flying time from Auckland or Wellington
- We were awarded ‘International Safe City’ accreditation in 2010 (World Health Organisation – Community Safety Promotion Centre)
- We are a small coastal city – population 57,000
- Napier boasts over 2,000 hours of sunshine per year!
- Our city is famous for its wonderfully relaxed lifestyle
- Napier is a very popular tourist venue – for both international and domestic visitors
- We have been donned the Southern Hemisphere’s ‘Art Deco’ capital
- Napier is the gateway to New Zealand’s premier wine region
- We offer fabulous boutique shopping
To sum it all up, this is simply an ideal place in which to continue your education. We would love you to be a part of this – please get in touch if you’d like to know more.